Event Time: Friday, April 9, 2021, 2:00-4:30pm
Location: Zoom （Link TBD）
Now we can finally have class outside…the classroom:
Cultivating Interactivity in Remote Learning
Proposal Submission Deadline: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 11:59 pm
Eligibility Criteria: Graduate Students Teaching Language Courses at IU, including FLTAs
Thoughts on the topic:
For many of us, online teaching became a fundamental part of language instruction sooner than expected due to the pandemic. Yet necessity is the mother of invention, and as foreign language instructors we ought to rise to this challenge with community and ingenuity.
Do you have innovative ways of increasing remote learning interactivity in Zoom, Google Meet, or other online teaching spaces? Come and share with your fellow language instructors at Indiana University!
The IU Foreign/Second Language Share Fair invites you to submit proposals for five-minute presentations of activities that enhance interaction among instructors and students and/or foster classroom community beyond the corners of our laptop screen.
Some possible topics to consider:
- Designing fun and engaging activities that motivate student participation
- Developing strategies to build classroom community beyond the physical classroom
- Creating activities that work both for asynchronous and synchronous teaching
- Integrating a variety of platforms (e.g., Padlet, Mentimeter, Kahoot, Flipgrid)
- Incorporating the multiple functionalities available on Zoom, Google Meet, etc. into remote learning (reaction buttons, annotation features, virtual backgrounds, etc.)